Skip to main content

Full text of "2016 Emails Between Wilshire Center BID And The City Of LA or Tara Devine"

See other formats

Subject:  Re:  RFK  School  Park  - Conference  Call  Postponed

From:  Raul  Claros

Date:  04/06/2016  11:55  AM

To:  John  Guevarra

CC:  "Watts,  Larry"  <LWatts@seyfarth.com>,  Paul  Schrade  <phs90046@gmail.com>,  Anna  Gruben  <annagruben@peopleforparks.org>,
Michael  Russell  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>,  Ryan  Allen  <rallen@kyccla.org>

Great!

On  Tue,  Apr  5, 2016  at  6:42  AM,  John  Guevarra  <iohn@peopleforparks.ora>  wrote:

Klarissa  from  Board  Member  Garcia's  office  will  be  working  on  a support  letter.  Will  update  you  all  when  I hear  more.

On  Mon,  Apr  4,  201 6 at  8:48  PM,  Watts,  Larry  <LWatts@sevfarth.com>  wrote:

Elections  often  seem  to  bring  out  the  better  angels  of  public  officials.

Sent  from  my  iPhone

On  Apr  4,  2016,  at  4:42  PM,  Paul  Schrade  <phs90046@amail.com<mailto:phs90046@gmail.com»  wrote:

ALI at  RFK  did  get  offer  of  help  from  Operations  Manager  Rosario  Kurlander  as  did  Mike. ..and  will  contact  Monica  Garcia  as

needed... long  term  friendship  getting  the  RFK  Schools  built  and  now  again  in  her  re-election  campaign... PAUL

On  Apr  4,  2016,  at  3:26  PM,  Anna  Gruben  <annaaruben@peopleforparks.ora<mailto:annaaruben@peopleforparks.ora»  wrote:

H i everybody.  I spoke  to  Carlos  Martinez  of  Beyond  the  Bell.  Grace  Rodriguez  - who  does  BTB  programming  after  school  at  RFK  - is
going  to  help  us  out  with  the  site  visit.  As  soon  as  we  get  dates  and  times  we'll  contact  Carlos  and  he'll  put  us  in  touch  with  Grace.

Very  best,

Anna

Sent  from  my  iPhone

On  Apr  4,  2016,  at  2:38  PM,  Anna  Gruben  <annaaruben@peopleforparks.ora<mailto:annaaruben@peopleforparks.ora»  wrote:

Great  - thanks  Mike.  I just  sent  an  email  to  Marie  Bracamonte  from  Beyond  the  Bell  to  find  out  who  can  join  us  for  the  site  visit.  I'll
follow  up  with  her  tomorrow.  One  thing  worth  finding  out  is  whether  the  principals  at  RFK  already  have  BTB  staff  that  they  enjoy
working  with  and  whether  those  staff  already  have  spots  on  campus  that  they  enjoy  working  on  after  school.  If  so,  the  weekend
CSPs  could  be  in  the  same  spots.

Thanks,

Anna

On  Mon,  Apr  4, 201 6 at  1 1 :38  AM,  John  Guevarra  <iohn@peopleforparks.ora<mailto:iohn@peopleforparks.ora»  wrote:

Still  working  on  it.  Followed  up  with  Klarissa  from  Monica  Garcia's  office  again.  Wrote  a sample  letter  for  them  to  consider.  Will  keep
the  group  updated!

On  Mon,  Apr  4, 201 6 at  1 1 :28  AM,  Raul  Claros  <raul.claros@lacitv.ora<mailto:raul.claros@lacitv.ora»  wrote:

Good  work!

Where  are  we  with  Monica  Garcia?

On  Mon,  Apr  4,  201 6 at  1 1 :24  AM,  Wilshire  Center  BID  <mike@wilshirecenter.com<mailto:mike@wilshirecenter.com»  wrote:

It  should  go  to  Rosario  Kurlander,  Operations  Manager  rik41 841  @lausd.net<mailto:rik41 841  @lausd.net>.

On  Apr  4,  201 6,  at  1 1 :1 8 AM,  Watts,  Larry  <LWatts@sevfarth.com<mailto:LWatts@sevfarth.com»  wrote:

We  should  have  a letter/message  from  Principal  Rosa  Trujillo  in  support  of  a CSP  at  RFK  before  Thursday.  Who  at  RFK  should
receive  this?

T.  Larry  Watts  | Seyfarth  Shaw  LLP

2029  Century  Park  East  | Suite  3500  | Los  Angeles,  California  90067-3021

Direct:  +1  -31 0-201  -5287<tel:%2B1  -31 0-201  -5287>  | Mobile:  +1  -31 0-864-6475<tel:%2B1  -31 0-864-6475>  | Fax:+1-310-282-
6987<tel:%2B1  -31 0-282-6987>

I watts@sevfarth .comcmai Ito :l watts@sevfarth .com>  | www .sevfarth .com<http ://www.sevfarth .com/>
[http://www.sevfarth.com/dir  docs/publications/SevfarthRevisedLoao.aifl

The  information  contained  in  this  transmission  is  attorney  privileged  and/or  confidential  information  intended  for  the  use  of  the
individual  or  entity  named  above.  If  the  reader  of  this  message  is  not  the  intended  recipient,  you  are  hereby  notified  that  any  use,
dissemination,  distribution  or  copying  of  this  communication  is  strictly  prohibited.